Thursday, September 10, 2026

Update: September 2026

2026 09 08













Hi everyone –

Today has turned out to be a good day for me!

Yesterday was my three-monthly CT scan, also intended to see whether the chemo is helping. The answer is a resounding yes! (What a relief, after having the usual anxiety when waiting for scan results!) My appreciation to the people who knew where I was going today and sent encouraging messages.

All the ‘reference’ nodules in my lungs and liver have decreased in size, and so has the pleural effusion. My bones are stable, with nothing new. And my blood counts are good.

These results also gave the go-ahead to start chemo Cycle 4 (of 6), so this message comes to you from the chemo ward, where I am ensconced for three to four hours. Gail will fetch me when it's done. And I had a lovely visit from Carin, my friend I met in hospital three years ago.

Other good news: on Saturday I went to circle dancing, for the first time in two months! And Julia was with me! What a wonderful welcome we were given! We were sorry that Gail couldn’t come – she was getting over a cold/flu. I did 10 of the 18 dances, and taught three.

 Much, much love to all of you 🌹❤️

 (Photo: the circle dancing group)

  

2026 09 09













Hi everyone –

I forgot to add a further piece of good news: My tumour markers have come down from about 31 to 23!

In among all the good news, it’s time to remind us all (including me) that this cancer is not curable – it’s manageable, for as long as possible. So my next goal is to reach my 70th birthday next year, provided I still have good enough quality of life by then.

And a closer goal is to complete the current course of chemo, hopefully by mid-November. It’s not usually feasible to do more than 6 cycles, because it so thoroughly depletes one’s body. Gail and I had a good discussion with Garth yesterday, about my options for post-chemo treatments. We’ll make a firm decision nearer the time.

A next goal after that is to still be going strong by March next year, which is the age my mother was when she died. For her sake and for mine. (I’m including more info about her in the book I’m working on, now.)

Thank you all, so very much, for all your love and encouragement.

So much love to all of you. 🌹❤️

(Collage: last night I found the tiniest salvia “hotlips” flower I’ve ever seen, in our garden. See the comparison with a normal-size pair on the same plant.)

 

2026 09 10


To all who mark Rosh Hashanah in any way:


Wishing you – and everyone on our precious planet – peace, love, kindness and new beginnings.


Much love, Yvonne and Gail 🌹🕊️ ❤️

 

 

 

 









No comments:

Post a Comment